It’s been quite some time since our last blog, and a lot has happened since then! We found 12 great rescued dog and owner teams to include in our 2013 calendar “Rescued Heroes”. I’ve finished all of their paintings and layouts, put on the finishing touches and it is ready to print. But to get to print, we are going to need everyone’s help.
Last year’s “Rescue Dog To Therapy Dog” was our first endeavor at producing and printing a small run of calendars. They were very well received and we were encouraged to go on to our second year. Through that process we learned we needed to print a larger run than we did last year in order to continue. We have worked very hard this past year on the 2013 “Rescued Heroes” Calendar and are extremely proud of it.
Here’s where you come in.
Because of the small run and scope of our last calendar, we need to raise funds to print at the volume needed to continue this year. We started a project on Kickstarter.com to help with this print cost. So, we’re asking for your help by supporting our Kickstarter project, receive some rewards for helping, and spread the word to help us reach our goal. Reaching our goal with this project will allow us to get our new 2013 Calendar “Rescued Heroes” out to you all. Check out this short video to get an idea about our project:
Not familiar with Kickstarter Projects?
Kickstarter is a funding platform for creative products. Every project creator (like us) sets their project’s funding goal and deadline. Creators come up with special rewards for their backers to chose from and select. If the project succeeds in reaching its funding goal all backers’ credit cards are charged when time expires. If the project falls short no one is charged.
Here’s the steps to backing our project:
- First follow this link to our project and read all about it. We have 30 days for backers to select rewards that add up to the amount of our goal. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1529004775/rescued-heroes-calendar-the-art-stories-of-therapy
- Take a look at the rewards listed on the right side of the page and decide which to select.
- Click on the green box located above the rewards that says “Back this Project”
- Select your reward and move on to the Amazon page for your payment information.
- If we meet our goal by the deadline, our project is funded and you along with all other backers will be charged on the last day of the period. If a project isn’t successfully funded, no one pays anything.
- If successful, a person from Kickstarter will email you for details like mailing address, etc. so your rewards can be filled.
Don’t forget to check in with Kickstarter and watch the progress to our goal, knowing you are one of the reasons we made it! When successful, we will give the go ahead to our printer and get your rewards quickly into your hands.
PLEASE KNOW HOW GRATEFUL WE ARE FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!!